Sunday, March 10, 2013

Set An Intention

I have been working as a Yoga Life Coach for the past few years and I am always amazed at the wonderful work my clients make on their journey toward improved self development.

People generally come to me feeling stuck: unable to move in their relationships, careers, with their lives. One assignment that I give my clients is to set an intention for the day and then to remind themselves of that intention throughout the day.

I believe that if you have a positive attitude, then the activities, responsibilities, and daily living also move forward in a positive direction.

One of the first things we do when we get up in the morning may be use the restroom, make the bed, or put on a pot of coffee. As you are starting your day, try setting an intention that will carry you through the day. Make it simple. Choose one or two words that you can easily remember. Here are some examples that I have used for myself:

Clarity & Vision
Connection & Love
Openness & Acceptance

Repeat these words in your mind several times like a mantra. Then throughout the day, remind yourself of your intention by repeating them in your head. Afraid you might forget the words or forget to repeat them? Try this....simply write down your intention and carry it with you. Also, set an alarm on your phone or watch to sound two times during the day to remind you to recall your intention.

My clients have found this exercise to be very effective. It keeps them on track during the day and it reminds them to return to a positive attitude while moving through their day and eventually moving through their stuck life position.

Try it this week and let me know how it works out for you.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment