Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolution

Well, we’ve made it through another year. Can’t believe how quickly the time went. Soon, we will be stepping into a whole new year. As you well know, people at this time of year make New Year’s Resolutions. Have you made one? I’d like to suggest a few things to you if you’re still thinking about a resolution for 2012.

If you’re the kind of person that likes to make New Year’s Resolutions, try this one. If you have made the choice to continue living a healthy life (mind, body, and spirit) be sure to look at the things in your life right now that allow you to continue along that path without too many obstacles. One thing that I did a long time ago, which made a big difference in my life and my life journey, was stopping taking the newspaper and watching the evening news.

It was probably back in 1994 or ’95. It was when the O.J. Simpson trial was being televised. I remember that it was all over the news, people were so drawn into the experience, and it was all people talked about. I remember thinking, “I don’t even KNOW O.J. Simpson. Why would I want to know about his business? I don’t KNOW if he killed his wife or not. Should this even matter to me?” It was then that I decided to not follow the trial on television. I found that it had no positive impact in my life. Further, I decided to stop watching most news programs and stopped taking the newspaper. I’ll tell ya, after taking that step, I noticed that I was more positive in my outlook on life. The news can be so depressing and negative at times. It really served no significant purpose in my life.

So, as a New Year’s Resolution, why not try watching LESS news and watch more programs that are motivating, inspiring, and life changing.

Here’s the other option. If you’re the kind of person that doesn’t like to make resolutions, perhaps try this instead. Sit down and think of something that you did THIS year. For example, donated to charity, helped out at your kids’ school, or bought lunch for a friend. As a resolution for 2012, perform that same gesture again. Simple.

Overall, make it an inspiring year. Try new things along with some of the old things. Just continue to live the life you WANT to live. Move positively forward on your life path.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment