Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Achievement


Mini-Blog Entry from Peru
Written August 27, 2010

Today I had the wonderful experience of hiking to the top of Machu Picchu in Peru. At it's peak of 9900 ft, one is able to view the entire ancient Machu Picchu City. The trek to the top, to say the least, was quite a task. The entire climb consists of rocky steps that continue to go up rarely leveling until you reach the top.
Not knowing exactly how long the trek would take or how high the mountain top was (since it was hidden amongst the early morning clouds) I made my way upward by focusing only on the next step. I created a mantra for myself, "One Step. One Step," that I continued to repeat as I climbed higher and higher.
Although I was thrilled with the achievement I experienced after reaching the mountain peak, I was more content with the journey I took to get there. Maintaining my mantra kept me focused on only the next step. I knew eventually I would reach my goal as long as continued to move forward one step at a time.
Perhaps for your home yoga practice today, you can create a simple meditative mantra that will help you reach your day's goal. Make it simple, just a could of words. For example, "Move Forward," "I Can," or "Just Do It." Repeat it throughout the day. You may be surprised at how powerful a few words can be to help you find and experience achievement.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment